Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Making a "Save As" button on a form

Former Community Member
I need to make a "Save As" button on a form created in Designer 8.0.

This will go on a form that will be enabled for Reader 8.0, so user can fill in form, save filled form, and submit via e-mail.

I have tried to figure how to add a regular Button, and add a simple menu functionality like "Save As" but cannot.

I need step-by-step instructions for this, please... and I do not know much about scripting at all.

TIA,

Glenn Cauley
3 Replies

Level 5
All you need to do is add a regular button and use the following JavaScript in Click event.

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

which gives you windows saveas dialogbox.

However template needs reader extended (add additional rights)if users that open this form in Adobe Reader use this feature.

Good luck,

SekharN

Former Community Member
How do you put the information on the Click event? Can you be more descriptive please?

Former Community Member
Have a look in the Help (index Script Editor => about). This should give you more insight into how the Script Editor is used.

For this example, you'd just need to select your button, make sure the 'click' event is in the 'Show' drop-down, select 'JavaScript' from the 'Language' drop-down and then paste the script into the script editing field.

Thanks,

Mike

Adobe Systems