Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Lost functionality with Live Cycle Designer?

Former Community Member

5 Replies

Former Community Member
Using Acrobat Professional 8.0:

I have created a form in Live Cycle Designer and it is 90% done. However, that 10% is preventing me from actually using it.

I cannot figure out how to create links within the form. I can figure this out easy enough on Acrobat Professional. I find it under Tools - Advanced Editing. But LCD does not have this feature mirrored in it's app. I don't understand.

Also, I want the bookmarks to display upon opening the form and I understand how to make this happen in Acrobat Professional - Properties - Initial View. Again, there is no way to do this through LCD.

When I close out of LCD and open the doc in Acrobat Professional and attempt to do this all the previously mentioned functionality is grayed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Level 7
It sounds as if you want the sort of things (links, bookmarks) found

in a regular PDF. So just don't go near Designer, make your form in

Acrobat.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
LC designer does not support links. use flat buttons to simulate a link with code behind the on-click event.

Former Community Member
And what would be the code to be used on the Click event for the button?

Thanks,

FayeC

Former Community Member
Are you looking to hyperlink to other pages within the form e.g. a contents page, or to hyperlink to websites or other document? Both can be achieved.

To link to another page use xfa.host.setFocus("address"); in the click event of the button. The address will be determined by the hierarchical structure you have given the form, starting with Form1.Page_Name.Textfield(x). If the page you want to jump to doesn't have a textfield, create one anyway but just don't give it a border.

When you click on the jump button, the cursor will jump to this textfield.

For a hyperlink to a website or server held document, again using the click event use:

app.launchURL("fulladdress", true);

Incidentally, before you enable usage rights in Acrobat, you can create bookmarks.