Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Forms to MS Access

Former Community Member
I'm new to LiveCycle, and in WAY over my head. This product is extremely powerful and I really believe that it could help my business. I am spending nearly all of my free time trying to learn javascript and this program, and understand how to put it to work for me.

There are 4 people in my office, and we're getting overwhelmed with paperwork. The paperwork is incredibly inefficient and takes up a crazy amount of valuable time! I want to cut down on handwriting and data entry/lookup, so here's how I envision it working:

There will be forms solely for taking information, to then get dumped into a database [i.e. contact information form].

There will be forms retrieving information from that same database to populate objects within the form [i.e. order form that retrieves contact information].

Who knows, forms for everything. We are a start up and need to streamline our processes to keep up with rapid growth. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to spend on fancy software, so I'm trying to develop a custom solution.

Anywho, I am trying to find out what the best resources are for understanding how to set up a system that will make this flow of data seamless.

I need resources that can walk me through setting up a data connection, entering/retrieving the data to/from the database [MS Access], understanding compatibility [different web browsers, operating systems, etc.]. Eventually, I will need to understand security [maybe sooner rather than later].

I have been scouring the forums and internet, and have not come up with much. It's a monstrous undertaking, I'm the only person working on it, but given the right direction I am confident that I can do it. Books, websites, anything will help. Thanks for your guidance!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
you can do the programing in access.

Search för IACReference.pdf at the adobe site and you can find out how.

ulf.a@dtp-tjanst.se