Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LiveCycle Forms to MS Access

Former Community Member
I'm new to LiveCycle, and in WAY over my head. This product is extremely powerful and I really believe that it could help my business. I am spending nearly all of my free time trying to learn javascript and this program, and understand how to put it to work for me.

There are 4 people in my office, and we're getting overwhelmed with paperwork. The paperwork is incredibly inefficient and takes up a crazy amount of valuable time! I want to cut down on handwriting and data entry/lookup, so here's how I envision it working:

There will be forms solely for taking information, to then get dumped into a database [i.e. contact information form].

There will be forms retrieving information from that same database to populate objects within the form [i.e. order form that retrieves contact information].

Who knows, forms for everything. We are a start up and need to streamline our processes to keep up with rapid growth. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to spend on fancy software, so I'm trying to develop a custom solution.

Anywho, I am trying to find out what the best resources are for understanding how to set up a system that will make this flow of data seamless.

I need resources that can walk me through setting up a data connection, entering/retrieving the data to/from the database [MS Access], understanding compatibility [different web browsers, operating systems, etc.]. Eventually, I will need to understand security [maybe sooner rather than later].

I have been scouring the forums and internet, and have not come up with much. It's a monstrous undertaking, I'm the only person working on it, but given the right direction I am confident that I can do it. Books, websites, anything will help. Thanks for your guidance!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
you can do the programing in access.

Search för IACReference.pdf at the adobe site and you can find out how.

ulf.a@dtp-tjanst.se