Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle ES Designer 8.2 - Dynamic text field value warp

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a problem while designing my first dynamic form in LiveCycle. There is one case that I can't work out. My problem is how to make that the Text Field filled by the end user warp as a "span" tag in HTML (when content is too big to fit in the one line then text is warping down without relocating the whole element). Text Field is in the one line with the Text object (Text object is before Text Field). When I put a long text in Text Field then it's going down. I want to make that just the part of the text that will not fit in the line (simply value is too long) will move down, not the whole field value. Is it possible to create such effect in LiveCycle?
10 Replies

Former Community Member
In the object palette set the field to be multiline. This will create scroll bars on the field when th euser puts more data in the field than can be displayed.

Former Community Member
I tried that too. Effect was not as expected.

Former Community Member
I want to make work it like in this file:

http://upload.undergrand.com.pl/storage/public/span_example.html

Link to example PDF in which I want to achieve that effect:

http://upload.undergrand.com.pl/storage/public/bad_warp_example.pdf

I hope that will clearly show what I want to do.

Former Community Member
Ok I see now ..... the Text Field object does not allow that. The best I can over you is to put the caption on top of the field the evenrything will be below the caption.

Former Community Member
The only acceptable solution for me as I described :( Tough luck for me that LiveCycle Text Field object does not support such flexibility as I want. Thank you very much for your help.

Former Community Member
I have one question more. Is there in LiveCycle any object (even if not editable by the user such as Text Field) which I can put text that could wrap like I described earlier?

Former Community Member
You can use a Floating field which can can be place in the midst of static text (like a caption) and set data bindings for that field. When data is merged onto the template the floating field is replaced with the inbound data and the static text block is re-flowed and the whole thing becomes a static text block. You coudl achieve the effect you want by doing something like this:

Static Text that represents the caption: {floating field}

Note that once the form is rendered you cannot change the layout of that text block nor can the user interact with it.

Former Community Member
Hi,

That is an option for me :) The most important thing is the automated text wraping. If there is possibility that wrap could work good and I can put field value using XFA (like I do it now) that would be half of the goal which is OK :) I'll try with it.

Former Community Member
Hi,

It works fine :) Thank you for your help!