Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

LiveCycle Database Schema

Level 4
Can I see the livecycle database schema? I have the server loaded locally (on JBoss) and mySql. What is the name of the database? Thanks
8 Replies

Level 4
If you have a jboss-turnkey installation then you are having MySQL as the database. You can use MySQL GUI Tools from MySQL website to view the database schema and the data. Database name is "adobe".

Oguz

http://www.kgc.com.tr

Level 4
I loaded the mysql Administrator software from mysql.com, but I cannot connect to the server (the server is started - jboss turnkey).

Can I connect locally? When the software prompts you to log in, it defaults to port 3306, what should the correct port be?

Level 4
The livecycle server is using port 8080, does the mysql database use the same port? what is the default id and password?

Former Community Member
3306 is the default port for mySql. The userid is root and the password is what you set it to when you did the install. If you do not remember try no password.

Level 4
Hey Paul,

Is the schema documented somewhere? I really just want to examine and understand what's in there (I'm a nosey developer ;-)

For some reason I am still having problems accessing the db through mysql, so I'd be just as happy to read a document describing it.

Thanks!

Level 4
Regarding the issue I was having about not being able to connect to the adobe system tables using mySQL, I found out the following:

The id and password and port are stored in the adobe-ds.xml file within the c:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\jboss\server\all\deploy directory.

Using mySQL administrator, on the initial prompt click the elipses next to the "Stored Connection" field and create a new connection using the port, id, and password specified in the file above.

I then received the message "either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. startup variables and service section are therefore disabled", which is addressed in this post:

http://michael.omnicypher.com/2008/11/mysql-configuration-with-adobe.html

Level 4
(I clicked post reply too soon )

As a result I am now able to connect successfully to the database and view the system tables.