Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Liv eCycle Designer 8??

Former Community Member
IS there to be a new version of Designer to ship with Acrobat Pro 8 in a couple months? Hows is that goign to work? Right now ver 7 is intergrated with Acrobat 7. Please advise.
11 Replies

Former Community Member
Yes. There is a new version of LiveCycle Designer, LiveCycle Designer 8, that ships with Acrobat 8. It will be bundled with Acrobat 8, as LiveCycle Designer 7 is now with Acrobat 7 Professional.

Mike

Former Community Member
Will it be more backwards compatable with Acrobat? Where can I read about LiveCycle Designer 8?

Former Community Member
What do you mean "more backwards compatible". More than what?

There will be more information on LC Designer 8 on the LiveCycle developer center when its released. Unfortunately, we don't have any information on it up on the website just yet.

I'll be happy to answer specific questions you may have about it, if I can.

Mike

Former Community Member
Some things that I did not like about the Acrobat/Designer relationship was that Meta Data/Document Properties stuff was not easily edited back and forth. You are sort of stuck in other one or the other. Seems you have more options to do initial view and bookmarks using Acronat but you cant tweak Designer stuff which is is inconvenient. No great way to optomize Designer stuff either which means HUGE file size. Stuff like that.

Former Community Member
As far as I know, this wasn't changed in LC Designer 8, but thanks for the feedback. I'll forward this to the product manager.

Mike

Former Community Member
Has anyone found a way to edit designer 8 document properties in Acrobat Pro 8? I added properties while in designer, but they don't show up in Acrobat Pro and I cannot access them from Pro either. We use document properties a lot since we post the docs on the Web. Is there a way to easily manage this information?

Former Community Member
I am attempting to set the "initial view" properties on a form created in LiveCycle Designer 8. The document opens in "fit page" and I would like it to open in "fit width". The PDF preview in LiveCycle Designer 8 opens in "fit width" but when I save the form and open it with Acrobat Pro 8 it is "fit page" and very small. Acrobat Pro doesn't allow me to set "initial view on the document or on the page. (The initial view dialog is grayed out).

Now, I know it is no big deal to click the "fit width" button when I open the form but I hate to explain to the form recipients that they have to click a button before they can read the document.

Bill

Former Community Member
ah... you guys are a welcome sight for me.... couldn't find any help on this subject. So from what I've gathered by your messages, anyone who used LCD 8 to create a form does not and cannot gain access to the properties and thus cannot specify the initial view settings such as auto-launch the bookmarks, page size etc... Is this what Mike Potter was confiming in his last post? Telling us that he will let product mgmt know that people would like this option?

if anyone hears anything re these options please send me email: colonelhardy@hotmail.com

please and thanks.

j

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle Designer to create a form and I want to include a button that would alow the user to send the form by email to someone else.

The "Email Submit Button" option opens the users email program and automatically includes the pre-specified email address in the "send to" field.

Does anyone know a way of placing a button that would simply open a new email message? Thanks for your help!!

Former Community Member
I have ordered Acrobat 8 Professional. I have a question. We have been experimenting with attaching or connecting our CDA HL7 XML Schema to one of our forms (in the Designer 7.0 program). Unfortunately, the program tells us that it is too large. What is the maximum size schema we can attach to our forms using the Designer 8.0 software? We have attached a simplified one in Version 7.0 and it works, but want to use the larger one. Thanks, Linda