Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

LifeCycle Designer 8 - Fields that can grow down

Former Community Member
I have a word document that I imported and converted. It has a number of fields. Some of the fields are text fields that can grown to multiple lines.

When I try to enter text the field does not expand vertically, as it would in MS Word. I see instead it adds a plus sign. It also does not expand on printing.

It looks like the horizontal grow option applies to text fields and subforms. I cannot seem to get either to work properly.

Does someone have a way of doing this, or perhaps even an example document from which I may learn? Thanks.

Regards,

Leif
3 Replies

Former Community Member
A couple steps have to be made to have your form expand. Make sure when you save the form, it is saved as "Dynamic" and not "static".

Also, make sure you click "Expand to fit" under "Height" in the Layout tab.

If you want everything below your "expandable" section to move down, you will have to make sure all of those parts below are "wrapped" in a subform and the content is set to "flowed". You can wrap a "positioned" subform in a "flowed" subform.

I hope this is some what helpful and understandable.

Former Community Member
Christine,

Thanks for your reply.

For my text field the Expand to fit is disabled (grayed out).

From your note it sounds like if I had multiple expandable fields I would need a subform within a subform within a subform, etc.? Is that true?