Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCDS Messaging help.

Former Community Member
Hi Guys Iam trying to send an alert message that only shows up on the recipients end As im trying to get acceptance for accepting a web cam request. Im totally new to this and not sure is this is possible or if there is a more correct way to request a web cam chat any help would be greatly appreciated. Sample code below.

private function requestCamera():void

{

if (dg.selectedItem)

{

var message:AsyncMessage = new AsyncMessage();

message.body = {userId: userId.text, recipientId: dg.selectedItem.userId, text: Alert.show("Request Cam","Alert",Alert.OK | Alert.CANCEL, this, alertListener,null,Alert.OK)};

producer.subtopic = dg.selectedItem.userId;

producer.send(message);

}

}

private function alertListener(eventObj:CloseEvent):void

{

if (eventObj.detail==Alert.OK)

{

startCamera();

}

}
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I am developing an application and I am in a position where I can push messages to one or many AIR applications and the selection of AIR application will be decided by LCDS server. Here I am making use of JMS along with JMS adapter. I need a way to receive an acknowledgement to LCDS server when the message is delivered.

I have found few application where JMS subscriber is sending acknowledgement to JMS producer, but I need a way where JMS producer is getting acknowledgement from each Flex client. Please help.

Former Community Member
Use selector for messaging filtering

When Producer sends message, we can specify a header like propName = propValue. Consumer can choose to filter messages using selector. I figured out the selector pattern supports "OR", such as:

Does the selector pattern support "AND" as well? If yes, what's the expression look like?

Thanks,

William
wzxie@yahoo.com