Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCDesigner and DB connaction problems

Former Community Member
hi everybody,

i'am getting into this matter (Designer/DB) right now. i am actually following a tutorial picked from die adobe site (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/designing_forms.html) named 'Providing interaactive database lookup from forms' (link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_db_lookup_tip.pdf).

running the form attached to this pdf i get an error. the pointer shows a wrong index value at this code line 'xfa.sourceSet.nodes.item(nIndex).name'

i did put a app.alert before this line to see how many items (xfa.sourceSet.nodes.item(nIndex).length) and nodes are found (xfa.sourceSet.nodes.length) and always got 0 as a result.

i don't think that the data connaction is wrong, because in the form there are also fields having a direct binding to the db and these fields are populated.

i can't really figure out what the problem could be. any hints?

thanks a lot,

valerio
5 Replies

Former Community Member
What did you have to do to trigger this error? I downloaded this form, set up the data source and ran it, and it didn't give me an error.

It looks like the code is looking for a data connection specifically named DataConnection so if yours has a different name, that might cause the problem; is that possible?

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
hi steve,

i can get the drop-down-list populated now. but after having choosed an id from the drop-down list and having pushed the 'refresh button' i get an error (i translate from the german, so that will not be exactly what you may usually see):Accessor. $sourceSet.DataConnection.#command.query.commandType is unkown !!!

is it a question of wrights?

thanks for helping

Former Community Member
Are you running the sample in Acrobat or in Reader? It should be in Acrobat.

Chris

Adobe Enteprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
hi chris,

shame on me...i did not think about it. but you're right, o'course ;-)

if i validate the form with ARES, is it possible to get it working in Reader?

thanks for all,

Valerio

Former Community Member
Yes, you can enabled that functionality in Reader using RE.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support