Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

LC/Acro 8.0 dynamic form resetting entered data

Former Community Member
I have a dynamic form originally created using LC 7.1. The form was Saved As... using LC 8.0. The form has a table (in the Body Page) which adds rows via an addInstance button. The rows expand to fit the text. Two master pages are used as the second is a continuation sheet.

Using Acro Pro 8, I distributed it so that it could be completed and saved by a user with just Adobe Reader (7.08). Whilst completing the form, adding rows, entering data and regularly saving, I reached the bottom of the page and added an additional row (to spill over onto the continuation sheet), however all the data disappeared from the completed fields (all the fields except check boxes). The same happens when the table row expands to accommodate the text, thereby spilling over onto the continuation sheet (2nd master page). It also looks as though the RemoveInstance manager resets the form data when I delete a row and there is no script telling it to do this.

Even purging the cache, closing down, and reopening the Saved form doesn't recover the lost data!

So am I misunderstanding the licence limitations of this upgrade or is it a bug with the InstanceManager? If you are supposed to be able to complete/edit and save the form, what am I doing wrong?

Any help, greatly appreciated.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Has anybody answered this question? I have a similar problem with addInstance/removeInstance on a image fields. When adding/removing images, sometimes other images disappear then they will reappear. Any help

Former Community Member
Are you using the recalulate method after adding or removing an instance?

_ScheduleB.addInstance(1);

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

Former Community Member
The problem was resolved the day Reader 8.o was released!! Shame this was a month after LC/Acro Pro 8.0 - would have saved me a lot of stress.

Former Community Member
Where is some documentation on this bug? I am having the same problem (disappearing data EXCEPT radio buttons and check boxes). I do not manipulate instances in my form, but I do update the layout (it is dynamic) and allow users to save data.

I suspect that my end users are using earlier versions of Reader, but would like some documentation on the subject, as I do not have access to the users' computers. I can't recreate because I have Reader 8.

Former Community Member
I suspect that my problem was the result of me changing field bindings from "normal" to "none" (I was testing performance). For some reason, I had not changed the bindings for my radio buttons. Now maybe that part will work again in Reader 7.

see http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc2a223/0