Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

JVM Error when running ConfigurationManager

Level 3
When I attempt to run ConfigurationManager.bat I'm getting the following error:

Java Virtual Machine Launcher - Could not find the main class. Program will exit.

The command that the batch file is running is:

...>"javaw" -Xms128m -Xmx512m com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.gui.LCMGUI

I followed the steps in "Configuring the JVM arguments and properties" in the "Installing and Deploying LiveCycle ES for WebSphere" document but am still getting this error.

Any ideas what could be wrong ?
5 Replies

Level 4
What JDK vendor and version are you using?

Rather then double clicking the bat file can you try running it from a dos prompt to get some addition output about the issue.

Level 4
Make sure that your environment variables JAVA_HOME and PATH point to the right JDK and its /bin folder respectively.

Level 1

Noticed the AEM installer for Windows puts in JAVA_HOME_32 variable. Had to change it to JAVA_HOME then it worked.

Employee

These days (contrary to 2008) we usually run 64-bit JREs and JDKs and JAVA_HOME usually points to those vs JAVA_HOME_32 that would point to a possibly non-existent 32-bit Java.

Level 3
Ok I have it now.

What I was doing wrong was tring to run ConfigurationManager.bat from a Mapped network drive.

I went onto the server itself that its installed on and ran the same bat file and it worked.

Thanks for your help.

James