Expand my Community achievements bar.

japanese font pack - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Former Community Member
i designed a form with the designer... submit actions attaches the completed pdf in email client.

BUT

upon opening my clients need the "japanese font pack"!

I dont understand, because 1) I used times new roman for everything, 2) I embedded all my fonts to be extra safe.

does anyone know what the heck is going on?
5 Replies

Level 7
What fonts are shown if you do File > Properties - Fonts in Acrobat?

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
embedded subset kozmin pro

embedded times new roman

Level 7
KozMin appears to be a Japanese font. I don't know how it got there,

but that will be the problem. If anyone who knows Designer better than

I can say how to find the text or control using this font, that will

help.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Hi,

In your form is there any Japanese characters already inserted? Or by mistake check if you made your form Japanese locale (Designer-->Form-->Form Properties-->Defaults-->Locale).

If any Japanese character is already on form or any try to insertion inside the text fields can cause an update for language pack.

Hope it helps.

Asiye

Former Community Member
garrettjohnson,

I had this happen to me. I had pasted text from a Word document into a text field on the Adobe form. Around one of the words in the text were the double-quote characters, however, not the ASCII double quote.

Word uses the curly quotes ASCII 147 & 148 instead of ASCII 34 double-quote character.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascii)

This was the response I got from Adobe support:

>I have researched your case a bit more and from what I'M seeing it seems that the character set you are trying to use with the PDF does not seem to support the quotes being used.

Hence this is why you're getting the error message about the language pack. The language pack error is actually deceiving, as it points to another language rather than telling you that the character encountered is not part of the subset which is within the LiveCycle Server. I can confirm this, as when I try to open the PDF, I get the message that fonts that are part of my repository are not present.

I had to substitute with default fonts for me to open the file correctly.