Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is it OK to turn Loggers OFF and leave them in Process?

Level 3
Hello I added some variable loggers to a process during development. My question: After development is complete, what is recommended practice for the variable loggers? Is it OK to turn them OFF and leave them available for future use, or should they be removed from the proces?. I'd prefer to leave them in the process, but when I've turned one off, I'm noticing an ERROR entry [2009-01-13 11:11:35,916 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.variablelogger.VariableLoggerService]....that is not there when the logger is not turned off. I'm using version 8.0.1.3. Thanks for any insight.

Regards, Jesse
3 Replies

Level 10
Turning them off should be fine. I tried it with my 8.2 version and I didn't see any error. Maybe this is a bug in 8.0.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jess,

I've noticed that if you untick both check boxes(console and standard out) you will get NullPointerException or something like that.

The trick is to leave just one of that checkbox selected and logging level to OFF.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Parth

Level 3
Hello Parth,

I will try your suggestion. Thank you.

Regards,

Jesse