Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Interactive Form Saving Problem

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm just getting my feet wet with Adobe form designer. I thought I'd been doing a pretty good job until it came to my attention that the interactive form I created can not be saved by the person filling it out. Feel free to view it here: http://www.townofaberdeen.net/volunteer%20application.pdf

I did not realize this problem because my computer is set up with adobe professional(7.0), so when I view it on my computer I can save it as a copy.

I am using version 7.0 professional adobe designer to make the forms.

Is there ANY way that the average adobe viewer who has reader versions 6.0 and up and who do not have the benefit of Adobe professional can save their information that they input into the form, and then email the entire form to us with their entries? We had planned on using these forms for many applications around the fire department, but I need to be able to make them accessible to all users, so that they can save the information in the form to email back.

Thank you so much for your help!
3 Replies

Level 2
Hi, you have to publish it to the repository before you can have others fill it in and save it. Under the file tab, you will see "Publish it to the Respository" click on it and save it as another name. Then you can let others fill it out and save it.

Former Community Member
Kati, did you have any luck with the "publishing it to the repository" suggestion? I was just about to post the exact same question as you when I saw your previous postings. I am using Acrobat 8 professional and tried the "publishing it to the repository" suggestion, but it still did not allow the end user to save the data themselves to their own computer. I have created a form that I send to two different supervisors. This form already has data in it from a database extract and the supervisors use it as an employee review form. They meet with about 40 employees and go over the data in the PDF and then I have made two fields; a supervisor comments, and employee comments field that they would like to be able to fill out on the same form and save to their computer. They can fill out the form fields but have no way of saving the form with added data to their computer. Only the original form is saved with out the added data. The data can be sent back to me as the originator, but this does not solve their requirements.

Former Community Member
Well, try this (Acrobat 8 ):

Save form as normal in LiveCycle.

Open it in Acrobat. Then choose Advanced/Enable usage rights in adobe reader.

I hope that helps.