Expand my Community achievements bar.

Instance manager and subforms

Level 2
I'm using a JS statement that I've found to dynamically delete subform rows when the user clicks a delete button:

Subform.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.index);

This works if my delete button appears in Row1, like this:

Subform

Row1

Button

Field1

Field2

However, I'd like to wrap the button in a subform so that I can hide the button on print. My table looks like this:

Subform

Row1

SubformA

Button

SubformB

Field1

Field2

Row1 is a flowed subform so that when I hide SubformA I don't get any empty space.

The JS statement isn't working. With my ignorant eyes it appears that instead of this.parent.index I need something like this.grandparent.index. Is something like this do-able? Any alternative ideas?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Instead of wrapping the delete button why not change its presence to visible screen only. You can see that property in the Object palette.

Former Community Member
Also, instead of this.grandparent.index, try this.parent.parent.index. That should work.

Level 2
Thank you rlunka! That did the trick. And thank you for your quick reply Paul. I didn't tell you that I was trying to get fancy by using a hidden button object and a graphic. To get the graphic positioned on top of the button, I placed them within a positioned subform.

So my table really looks like this:

tTravelers

Row1

sTravelers (flowed subform)

untitled subform (positioned subform)

removeButton

untitled subform

Field1

Field2

FooterRow

untitled subform

addButton

The click event on the removeButton object looks like this:

tTravelers.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.parent.parent.index);

sTravelers is a flowed subform, so when I hide the removeButton untitled subform (which takes up the entire row width), I don't get any blank space. Sorry if this is too much info. Now I just need to test the heck out of it.