Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Installing WorkFlow with ARES, Form Manager and Forms

Former Community Member
Hi All,

I'm having issues when trying to install WorkFlow with ARES, Form Manager and Forms.

I've followed these steps:

1. Installed Forms v. 7.1

2. Installed Form Manager v. 7.0.1

3. Installed ARES v. 7.0 (using a trust directory with a keyfile, etc.)

4. Installed Workflow v. 7.0.1 with Turnkey option checked.

5. Ran configuration manager.

The progress gets to 12% then displays the error code "LCMerror101" with the message "Livecycle module pdfagent-client could not be copied to working directory".

I don't know what this error means, can someone help me?? I know the issue isn't related to disk space (20+ gigs free) and I'm using the administrator account to install. Any suggestions or tidbits of info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stone.
13 Replies

Former Community Member
One more thing, I deleted the directory and installed just form manager and the same error was thrown.

Former Community Member
Here's a copy of the log file. lcm.log

[2006-02-21 14:11:34,437], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@857327[monitorui,../components/monitorui,./working/monitorui]

[2006-02-21 14:11:36,750], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@14b2db7[xmlform,../components/xmlform,./working/xmlform]

[2006-02-21 14:11:38,718], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@a65760[fontmanager,../components/fontmanager,./working/fontmanager]

[2006-02-21 14:11:48,312], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@1e140bf[registry,../components/registry,./working/registry]

[2006-02-21 14:12:30,593], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@161bfa3[pof,../components/pof,./working/pof]

[2006-02-21 14:12:32,390], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@6c9220[workflow,../components/workflow,./working/workflow]

[2006-02-21 14:12:35,515], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@1ed7524[fm,../components/formmanager,./working/fm]

[2006-02-21 14:12:39,921], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, INFO , Copying component to working dir: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.config.Component@a5c9f1[pdfagent-client,../components/pdfagent-client,./working/pdfagent-client]

[2006-02-21 14:12:39,921], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager, ERROR, Could not copy components

com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMException: Could not copy components

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyComponentsToWorkingDirectory(LCMProcessManager.java:463)

at MyAction.execute(MyAction.java:165)

at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMException: Illegal state found: File does not exist

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyDirOrFile(LCMProcessManager.java:554)

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyDirOrFile(LCMProcessManager.java:508)

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyComponentsToWorkingDirectory(LCMProcessManager.java:459)

... 2 more

[2006-02-21 14:12:40,015], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), MyAction, ERROR, LCMerror101{pdfagent-client}

com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMException: Could not copy components

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyComponentsToWorkingDirectory(LCMProcessManager.java:463)

at MyAction.execute(MyAction.java:165)

at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMException: Illegal state found: File does not exist

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyDirOrFile(LCMProcessManager.java:554)

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyDirOrFile(LCMProcessManager.java:508)

at com.adobe.idp.install.lcm.LCMProcessManager.copyComponentsToWorkingDirectory(LCMProcessManager.java:459)

... 2 more

[2006-02-21 14:12:40,031], Runnable bean context: My Action (bean23), MyAction, ERROR, ErrorCode: LCMerror101, ErrorStr: Livecycle module pdfagent-client could not be copied to working directory.

Level 9
Hi Stone

In my install, I have a directory called: C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\components\pdfagent-client

Do you have one of these after installing everything, but before running configuration manager.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi Stone,

The entry

in your log file makes me think that your install package may be corrupt. Have you tried re-downloading the install package and executing that?

Denver

Adobe Developer Enterprise Support.

Level 9
I'd also install ARES first. It uses slightly different directories to the other products, and you should probably get it installed first.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hey all,

I just run into this document that oulines all the "LCMerror" codes and associates them with probable causes:

"Configuration Manager Error Messages"

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/knowledgecenter/c4698.pdf

Thought it might be useful to post the link...

Evangelos

Former Community Member
Assuming you're using JBoss w/ MySQL, and all of your downloads are good, here's my usual plan of attack:

1. Install Java 1.4.2._08 (anything newer causes problems)

2. Stop Java from trying to update itself In the Registry Editor, navigate to: "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" and remove the line for "jusched.exe"

3. Install Form Manager, config and deploy JBoss automatically, don't run config manager.

4. Install Workflow Server, config and delploy JBoss automatically, don't run config manager.

5. Install Reader Extensions, manual deployment

6. Run Configuration Manager, turnkey option.

7. Stop JBoss

8. Deploy Reader Extensions as per the manual (coping .sar's, .bar's and .ear's, deleting fontmanager.war, configuring ares-users.properties and ares-roles.properties, and login-config.xml)

9. Restart JBoss.

Hope this helps.

Level 9
Hi

I use exactly the same approach, and it seems to work.

However, I also recently noticed that the Workflow readme file recommends installing workflow FIRST, and the other products on top of it.

I've asked for clarification, but nothing yet.

Howard

Former Community Member
The problem is that you must run the uninstall as found in ..\LiveCycle\Formmanager\_uninst and then you may install into the same directory. If instead you just delete the files from an install directory and then install into the same directory you will have a 'dirty' uninstall - not recommended.

Installing into a different directory should solve the problem.

Sylvester R., Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Stone,

I have seen a similar problem on other LiveCycle products when performing an uninstall. As Sylvester mentiones, its always recommented to use the uninstaller. Either way, check to see if the vpd.properties files (created by the installer) is removed.

On Linux the vpd.properties and vpd.script files are located in the following two directories:

/InstallShield/Universal/common/Gen1/_vpddb and

/InstallShield/Universal/$PATH($P(absoluteInstallLocation))/Gen1/_vpddb

If you uninstall and find these still there, please delete them and attempt the install again.

Stuart M. , Adobe Systems

Level 9
Hey, Clifton

Do you want to run step #2 in your process by us again?

What exactly does that step do?

Many thanks,

Howard

Former Community Member
Thanks guys,

Your suggestions are bang on. Clifton's suggestion is what I used to get this software installed. Thanks Clifton.

BTW, the LCM error document is helpful. Thanks for that too.

Stone