Expand my Community achievements bar.

Installing on Virtual Server?

Former Community Member
Hello,

I will be giving Adobe a call later, but I am wondering now - has anyone installed Workflow and other LiveCycle products on a Windows 2003 on a virtual server?

I installed Reader Extensions, Forms, Form Manager using the Turnkey option and then installed Workflow using turnkey and then using the turnkey option of the Configuration manager and I receive a ports conflict error at the end when it tries to restart JBoss.

Thank you,

Jennifer
3 Replies

Level 9
Hi

I suspect it's got nothing to do with your virtual server.

Reader Extensions installs its own version of JBoss, which is not integrated with the other installers. If you go to your NT Services, you will see two NT services:

AdobeReaderExtensions

and

JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle

You need to make sure that only one of those is running at a time, because they both use the same set of ports.

There is a document somewhere on Adobe's site for moving all the RE services into the Workflow Jboss deployment, so that everything is running in a single instance of JBoss. If you have trouble finding it, let me know, and I'll try to dig it up.

Good luck...

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thanks Howard.

I reinstalled everything and no error this time. I think everything appears to be installed correctly.

Now on to my next problem...

-Jennifer

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am getting the same error on same environment. Windows server 2003 on a virtual server. And I get error when configuration manager tries to restart jboss.

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks

Cihan