Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Info about ExportData and ImportData

Former Community Member
I've a problem...I designed a form with Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0 and I

inserted a ExportData button.

The problem is that this function doesn't export all fields that are

contained in the form and by using the ImportData function I can't import

some fields because of a "SoftwareFailure" message.

How can I export all fields? Do they need to be a particular field type?

Thanks,

Alessio
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Alessio,

The problem you may have probably has to do with bindings of the fields in your form. For instance if you are binded to a schema or XML, only those fields that are binded will export. If there is one that the binding is set to none, then it will not export along with the others.

I hope that helps.

Catherine

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
<Catherine_Levoir@adobeforums.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bbdd5a2.0@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi Alessio,<br />><br />> The problem you may have probably has to do with bindings of the fields in <br />> your form. For instance if you are binded to a schema or XML, only those <br />> fields that are binded will export. If there is one that the binding is <br />> set to none, then it will not export along with the others.<br />><br />> I hope that helps.<br />><br />> Catherine<br /><br />Thanks Catherine.<br />Doing some tryings I find out the following:<br />1) if you do not map any fields, when you use exportdata function you will <br />have that all fields are exported;<br />2) if you map some fields in a single subform, when you use export data <br />function you will have that all the fields of this subform are exported <br />(even the not mapped one);<br /><br />These of course if there is no options selected in the fields Import/export <br />Binding (execute), under the tab binding in the menu object.<br /><br />Another thing, Catherine: why if I use the importData function it deletes me <br />all the data previously inserted in the form by the user, even if the fields <br />are not mapped and no data are in the XML file?<br />My situation, to be clear, is that: I have data that comes from different <br />sources: webservices and XML data file. The user usually fills some fields <br />and then retrieve some data from webservice and only at the end import some <br />data from one XML file. But when he import the data from the XML files all <br />other values in the other fields are deleted. It is possible to avoid this?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Alessio