Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Import Advanced Process into ContentSpace

Level 3
I created my own process in Live Cycle ES workbench and want to invoke that process using the "More Action" icon calling "Start Advanced Process" in content space.

When I'm starting the wizard there is only one process ("Review And Approval(Review & Approval of Content)") available. After some research I found out, that Alfresco uses the workflow console to manage these workflows. The "process console" of the content space is the Adobe counterpart as far as I understood.

What I did not find is a tutorial or something like that how to import a live cycle process.

Where can I get that information?

kind regards

Michael
5 Replies

Former Community Member
A process would show up in available processes only when it takes only ONE input variable and that is of type document. If it takes more than one input variables (even though they are not of type of document) it would not show up.

Former Community Member
Hi Michael,<br /><br />The "Start Advanced Process" link functionality is provided by Adobe and not Alfresco. We also ship complete source code for this. It's available at - <br /><LC ES Install dir>/Adobe/LiveCycle 8.2/LiveCycle_ES_SDK/misc/ContentServices/adobe-contentservices-src.zip<br /><br />Inside the zip, there's ContentServices folder, which contains a ReadMe.txt and ReadMe_Eclipse_Setup.txt - information for the available source code and how to build up an eclipse Java development environment for it. You can modify the code for process-samples component in order to suit your requirements.<br /><br />In order to understand more on how to work with Alfresco features like UI customization, actions, models etc, please refer http://wiki.alfresco.com<br /><br />What Avinash said applies to "Invoke a LiveCycle Process" option in the "Run action" link in the More actions side bar (present at right in document details view).<br /><br />Thanks,

Former Community Member
To provide more background:

The Start Advanced process action has been configured to just show the "Review And Approval" process (this was a default process in Alfresco, that has been changed to use appropriate LiveCycle ES technologies).

In order to show more processes in the action, you will have to do the following:

1) Create process(es) using LiveCycle Workbench ES.

2) Override the Start Advanced process UI action (part of the in process_samples AMP). Refer to zip mentioned in Kapil's note above.

If you simply want to allow a user to invoke a process (that takes 1 document as an input) from Contentspace you can also use the "Invoke a LiveCycle Process" option in the "Run action".

Hope that helps.

Rohit

Level 2
I want to create new process in Contentspace of Adobe livecycle.

But don't know how to do it.

I can only see one Review and Approval process. Suppose I want to add my own custom workflow.

Can anyone give me the steps.

Thanks.

Yogesh

Level 2
@Rohit

Couldn't get what you suggested.

2) Override the Start Advanced process UI action (part of the in process_samples AMP). Refer to zip mentioned in Kapil's note above.

What changes I need to make before implementing the suggestions given by Kapil?