Expand my Community achievements bar.

Image Field overwrite existing click event

Former Community Member
Using LiveCycle 8, I am creating a form which has an image which will change when the user clicks the image object.

I downloaded the trial of Acrobat Professional 8.0. In this version, instead of creating a form in Acrobat, it uses LiveCycle 8. In LiveCycle, there is no Image Button and the Static Image object cannot be scripted. It seems the choice for a dynamic image object is the Image Field. But this object has a default click event which is not required in my form.

Is there a way to replace the default click event on the Image Field object? I would like to overwrite it's click event with my own Javascript script. So far, I can add my own script in the click event, but then both my script and the browse for image file occurs.

Thanks!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
You can't override an event but you could put a button over top of the image, make it the same color as the background, remove the caption and then when you click the image you are really clicking the button. You can put your code on the click event of the button. make sure the button is in the foreground and the image field is in the background.