I want to add a page to a form

28-08-2008

I am very very new to using Live Cycle. In fact, I stumbled upon it when we upgraded to Acrobat 8. I just finished using Live Cycle to design our company's new hire forms package. This consists of 12 pages of forms - and the HR manager insists it has to be one file. My question is, if I need to make edits to one of the forms, I can't seem to delete the page and insert a new one.

Is this not possible once it's made into a multiple page form?

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 8.0

Acrobat 8.0

Windows XP Pro

Dell Precision laptop

HP Laserjet 4250 printer

Replies

Highlighted

kennyboy2001

kennyboy2001

kennyboy2001

28-08-2011

I don't know what the official Adobe process is on this but here is what I do...as I have run into the same issue. I'm learning LiveCycle with docs and some level of trial and error.

• Go to "New Page" (Menu - Insert >> New Page). 
  • Go the the Hierachy pane (Menu - Window >> Hierachy). 

You will see that LiveCycle has added a new page to the end of your document. Depending on how long your doc is ot the number of elements, you may want to collapse all of your pages in this view by selection the [-] icon next to each page. Find the new page whish has been added at the bottom of the list.Drag and drop it into the your desired insert position in your doc.

I have not tried to add an external page; Just tried blank.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Ken

Highlighted

paulk07

paulk07

paulk07

18-09-2011

Try this:

Add a footer to your page.  Add two buttons (ADD & DELETE) to the footer.

On the click event of the ADD button (javascript):

form1.page1._body.addInstance(1);

if (form1.page1._body.count > 1) {

form1.page1.footer.deleteBtn.presence = "visible";

}

else {

form1.page1.footer.deleteBtn.presence = "hidden";

}

body is the name of my subform on page1. 

On the click of the Delete:

form1.page1._body.removeInstance(1);

if (form1.page1._body.count > 1) {

form1.page1.footer.deleteBtn.presence = "visible";

}

else {

form1.page1.footer.deleteBtn.presence = "hidden";

}

Highlighted

MaryseG

MaryseG

MaryseG

21-09-2011

What worked for me was to:

1) Open the form already developped in Adobe Acrobat and extract all pages to a new document. All form fields are still working in the new document

2) Once the new document opens up, add a new page and continue developping the form...

Highlighted

Catherine_Zidan

Catherine_Zidan

Catherine_Zidan

18-10-2011

This is unbelievable! Isn't someone from Adobe going to comment on this problem?

Highlighted

Catherine_Zidan

Catherine_Zidan

Catherine_Zidan

18-10-2011

This seems to work:

go to the page below where you want to insert the new page. Show the Hierarchy (Windows >Hierarchy). In the hierarchy, right-click the page you are on and select Duplicate Page. It will rename the page and insert a dupe, eg Page 6[0] and Page 6[1]. You can then change the content on one of the pages. That's as far as I got so far, I'll have to see if this works or if the forms filling gets completely screwed up.

Mama mia!

Highlighted

Catherine_Zidan

Catherine_Zidan

Catherine_Zidan

18-10-2011

oops: it's not a right-click, you have to choose Edit > Duplicate when you've selected the page in the hierarchy.

Highlighted

Shrutiaman

Shrutiaman

Shrutiaman

17-06-2012

Livecycle Menu > Window > Hierarchy should be ticked > Hierarchy pane on the left > Beneath form 1 should be (untitled Subform) (page 1) > Right-click > New page

Highlighted

8i010g1x

8i010g1x

8i010g1x

27-07-2012

I have recently run into exactly the same problem.  Catherine's suggestion was spot on.  Windows > Heirarchy > Select the last page > Edit > Duplicate Page.  Then I renamed the page and everything was awesome.  Until... I finished designing the additional page, adding all of my fields and text.  I saved the form and then previewed it in PDF Preview.  However the page I added on was not there.  I went back to the desktop and opened the file in Adobe Reader.  It will only register the 1st 4 pages, and does not register the 5th page, which is the page I added on.  It's there, I can see it in the design view.  But it will not show up in the PDF Preview and will not print when opened with Adobe Reader.  #Stumped.

Highlighted

TruSake

TruSake

TruSake

13-10-2012

MaryseG

Solution works 100%

Highlighted

JennyBecky

JennyBecky

JennyBecky

14-11-2012

Thank you so much  - this worked after so many headaches trying to figure this out!  I was about to have to recreate a 3 page job applicationin word and recreate all the form fields