Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

I want to add a page to a form

Former Community Member
I am very very new to using Live Cycle. In fact, I stumbled upon it when we upgraded to Acrobat 8. I just finished using Live Cycle to design our company's new hire forms package. This consists of 12 pages of forms - and the HR manager insists it has to be one file. My question is, if I need to make edits to one of the forms, I can't seem to delete the page and insert a new one.

Is this not possible once it's made into a multiple page form?

I'm using LiveCycle Designer 8.0

Acrobat 8.0

Windows XP Pro

Dell Precision laptop

HP Laserjet 4250 printer
24 Replies

Former Community Member

This seems to work:

go to the page below where you want to insert the new page. Show the Hierarchy (Windows >Hierarchy). In the hierarchy, right-click the page you are on and select Duplicate Page. It will rename the page and insert a dupe, eg Page 6[0] and Page 6[1]. You can then change the content on one of the pages. That's as far as I got so far, I'll have to see if this works or if the forms filling gets completely screwed up.

Mama mia!

Former Community Member

oops: it's not a right-click, you have to choose Edit > Duplicate when you've selected the page in the hierarchy.

Level 1

Livecycle Menu > Window > Hierarchy should be ticked > Hierarchy pane on the left > Beneath form 1 should be (untitled Subform) (page 1) > Right-click > New page

Level 1

I have recently run into exactly the same problem.  Catherine's suggestion was spot on.  Windows > Heirarchy > Select the last page > Edit > Duplicate Page.  Then I renamed the page and everything was awesome.  Until... I finished designing the additional page, adding all of my fields and text.  I saved the form and then previewed it in PDF Preview.  However the page I added on was not there.  I went back to the desktop and opened the file in Adobe Reader.  It will only register the 1st 4 pages, and does not register the 5th page, which is the page I added on.  It's there, I can see it in the design view.  But it will not show up in the PDF Preview and will not print when opened with Adobe Reader.  #Stumped.