Expand my Community achievements bar.

HTTP Submit Button - How to post data to an IIS Server

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have created a simple form in LiveCycle designer. The form only has some check boxes, radio buttons and text fields for users to fill out. Everyone in my office is on webmail so the Email Submit button is not a smooth option for getting the xml data back to me.

I would like to use the HTTP Submit button to allow users to submit their form data back to me but I am having trouble. I would like the xml files to end up in a directory on the web server.

I set up an IIS 6 server and granted the Write right to the anonymous web user account. When I fill out the PDF form and click the HTTP Submit button it doesn't seem to work. Are there any special configuration changes I need to make to my IIS server to allow this data to be posted?

Should this plan work? Should I be able to have users use the HTTP Submit button to post their data right to my IIS web server or is there some Adobe server I need to buy for this simple form? Also, I noticed that when I configure a standard button and set the Control Type to "Submit", there is an option on the Submit Tab to change the Submit As setting to "PDF". Does this mean that my users can fill out my form with Acrobat Reader and HTTP Submit the form to my web server as a PDF complete with their data? If not that's fine, I would be sufficiently happy if the users could post their XML files to the web server so I can open them in the form with Acrobat Professional.

I am lost and would appreciate any good feedback.

Thanks,

Steve
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I'd also be happy if this could work with Apache; it doesn't need to be IIS. I guess my main issue is that I don't know how to get either web werver to accept data in an HTTP post and save it as a file.

Thanks again,

Steve

Level 7
I think the problem may be missing what "submit" means. Submitting a

PDF form, like submitting an HTML form, sends information to a web

program or script, like an ASP, a CGI or a PHP. It does not just "save

to the server", which seems to be what you are trying to do.

Do you have the LiveCycle Form Manager product? If not I recommend the

LiveCycle Designer forum: more folk there to help.

Aandi Inston