Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to insert attachment

Former Community Member
I am new to LiveCycle and would like to know how to add a button or option for the end user to be able to attach file(s).
2 Replies

Former Community Member
You can write following code in the click event of the button to open up a file browse window to attach a file to the form.

app.execMenuItem("AddFileAttachment");

or

event.target.importDataObject("name");

You must reader extend the form if you are using Adobe Reader or you can use Acrobat.

Former Community Member
Dear Nirmal,

Your previous reply on this thread has helped me understand how to add file attachments to my Live Cycle form but I still have a couple of questions. Please forgive me if these seem to be obvious questions!!

Here is a little background on the project I am working on...

The form I am working on is a "Request for Reimbursement" for the nonprofit organization that I work for. In accordance with our by-laws & policies, receipts must be submitted for any transaction that a member seeks reimbursement for. My questions are as follows...

1) Exactly where within the Button configuration do I insert the javascript that you have given the examples of above?

2) Can I place more than attachment on a form? Our "Request for Reimbursement" form has 3 subforms on it. Subforms 1 & 2 ask for the information about each individual purchase / transaction (i.e. Date, Vendor, Acct #, Description, Amount, etc...) and the 3rd subform is for internal use only (i.e. Date Check was issued, Check#, Amount, approved by, etc...) What I really need to do is include a place for an attached receipt in each of the 1st two subforms. Can this be done??

3) What exactly do I need to do to extend the form so that Adobe Reader users (which represent the majority of people who would be filling out the form!) can fill in & submit the form on the computer rather than printing it out?

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

If at all possible, can you try to respond ASAP, I am working on a deadline with this form!

~Kathryn Archuleta

Co-Founder & Webmaster

Dreams Fulfilled Through Music

www.alamoangels.org