Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to 'flatten' interactive forms with Fixed Pages?

Level 5
I have a large project I am working on that is automating the population of forms with strict layouts. (Provided by State governments for licensing requirements). I have the need to generate flattened version, or image of the document as one of the last steps of the process. The final step is to use "Insert Pages" to include into the newly created PDF, other PDFs that were attachments to the original document. These would include employment histories, Residential histories, etc. all are in PDF format.

The current method is to print the main document to "Adobe PDF", and save the file as a PDF to the file system. This newly saved PDF will accept Inserted pages as it is no longer deemed interactive with Fixed Pages, where the original with Fixed Pages will not accept insertions.

I have not been able to find a way of doing this via Javascript.

My goal is to find a way to flatten or image the document, then insert the attachments into the main document to create one compound instrument that records the licensure filing, and can be printed off and sent to the government, and retained for proof of filing.

Any ideas of how to replicate the print to "Adobe PDF" function and retain a handle to the new document object would be greatly appreciated. The fileName feature on the print method seems to be limited to ".ps", and ".prn" extensions.

Thank You

Mark
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I am not sure what you meen.

You can set the Designer properties to Print Form.

You can also use the API to add pages to an exsisting PDF.

/Ulf

Level 5
I have not been able to Add Pages to a form that has Fixed Pages - either through the UI, or JavaScript. Options are greyed out in the UI.

Could you expand on what you mean by "You can set the Designer properties to Print Form"?

Thanks

Mark