Highlighted

How to delete tabs on tab order

BJeppson

12-07-2008

I have inherited a form that has a tab order, but after the last valid tab there are a couple more placed in weird places in the form. How can I delete these random and unused tabs. If I don't delete them, the tabbed browsing doesn't work right.

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

14-07-2008

Under the View Menu in Designer there is a Tab Order tool. This will allow you to reset the tab order to whatever you want.
Highlighted
Highlighted

BJeppson

17-07-2008

Somehow there are some stray tabs tied to pieces of text scattered around the document that aren't fields. So tabbing goes to those after the last field rather than to the first field on the next page of the form.
Highlighted

BJeppson

17-07-2008

I have tried deleting the pieces of text and recreating them in new text boxes that aren't fields, but LiveCycle just renumbers the extra tabs. Perhaps if I could send a screen shot or something.
Highlighted
Highlighted

23-07-2008

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a similar problem with a multi-page document, where I have read-only fields that I bypassed by re-tabbing the pages. However, when I get to the end of the page, the tab order sends the focus to the read-only fields as opposed to going to the first entry field in the next page.

Is it possible to just delete a tab stop, whether the page has been re-tabbed or not?

Thanks,

TK
Highlighted

pguerett

23-07-2008

You will have to go into the XML tab and remove the property "traversal" for the objects in question. This is what tells the field where to go next.
Highlighted

23-07-2008

I have the exact same issue I'm trying to deal with. I need to provide all the fields on a standardized form, but our company only requires part of them. I want the user to tab from required field to required field and then to go directly to the 2nd page's first required field.

I too had a few fields that at one point were added to the tab order and seem impossible to remove. At this point, I've needed to recreate the field and rename it. It seems to want to assign the tabbing even though I deleted and replaced it with a new field.

Tabbing seems messier with LiveCycle.

Hope this helps.

Karen Claerbaut