Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to create popup window?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I need a popupwindow to appear on click of a particular button or onchange of particular eventt.How to create a popup window in desgner?Please help me about this.

Regards,

Sangeetha
10 Replies

Former Community Member
Sangeetha,

Check out xfa.host.messageBox. Here's an example, that displays a dialog with with Yes/No buttons and a question mark icon....

// result will contain 3 if they press No or 4 for Yes

var result = xfa.host.messageBox("Would you like to do something?","The Window Title",2,2);

The full reference can be found at...

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/Adobe_XML_Form_Object_Model_Reference.pdf

Rob Gabbard

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
Hi,

Thank u,my requirement is i need a popupwindow to appear which in turn contains some text box,text feilds on which users can fill the data and once he submits,i have to capture the data in the parent(main)form.Help me about this.

Regards,

Sangeetha.

Level 6

Hi Sangeetha,

Looks like all you need is simple "response" method. Review the documentation under help. Following is the JS syntax for response method. I always use this in my forms and delivered with LC, so not have to pay extract cost if you do not need all that fancy things.

xfa.host.response("Question", "Title", "Default Value");

Good Luck,

Level 1

Hello,

sorry i didnt understand your email

Can you describe your method with more detailed?

Perhaps it is practicable for me, but i am not sure.

I would like to creat a PDF-Document with "popups" implemented in this PDF, which is normaly not visible, only when another user opens this PDF he should move the mouse-cursor over a certain term and then the popup should be visible.

The Popup should not be able to be changed by the other user. It should be fixed.

Do you have un idea how to implement popups (with text, or grafics) in a PDF-Document?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings

Sangeetha

Level 1

Hello,

sorry i didnt understand your email

Can you describe your method with more detailed?

Perhaps it is practicable for me, but i am not sure.

I would like to creat a PDF-Document with "popups" implemented in this PDF, which is normaly not visible, only when another user opens this PDF he should move the mouse-cursor over a certain term and then the popup should be visible.

The Popup should not be able to be changed by the other user. It should be fixed.

Do you have un idea how to implement popups (with text, or grafics) in a PDF-Document?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings

Sangeetha

Level 6

Sangeetha,

GKaiseril included nice example. However since your requirements are clear I would like you consider one other feature available with in LC. We have tooltip feature which may come handy and easy to implement (no scripting involved). This comes with only text but customizable...........check under Accessibility (Shift+F6) pallet.

Good luck,

Level 7

The example was implemented with the use of a mouse click, but in can also work with the enter event and a little smart field stacking.

Former Community Member
For something like that, you might want to look at AcroDialogs from WindJack...

http://www.windjack.com/products/acrodialogs.html

Rob Gabbard

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Level 1

Hi Sangeetha,

i saw your question about creating a popup.

I would like to creat a popup in a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Profession Version 7 or 8.

Do you know how to create a popup which is normally invisible, only when the cursor is above a certain term then the popup is getting visible?

Do you know if it is possible to insert pictures or Power-Point-Screens in a popup on a PDF?

It would be great if you could help me!!

Please send me an EMail to:  rubito1@gmx.de

Thanks for your help!!

Greetings

Frank