Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to change filename in email submit button

Former Community Member
Hi there!
I'm a complete amateur on this, but yet managed to design a couple of forms. From reading the forum posts I was able to solve a couple of issues but I'm still strugling to do this. When I click the "email submit button", the name of the file attached es the following: 112g163as36daf9s1k.pdf
I've seen on the XML code that there are two locations were this name appears:
C:\Users\Adriana\AppData\Local\Temp\_112g163as36daf9s1k.log
and
C:\Users\Adriana\Documents\Gama Soluciones\Formularios\_112g163as36daf9s1k.pdf
I've tried changing the name there but it keeps reverting it to that original nonesense.
How do I change the file name to "Cotizacion" or something like that?
I need detailed information as I'm not familiar with code or whatsoever!
Thanks very much in advance!!!

Adriana from Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 Replies

Former Community Member
the attachment name is the name of the file you are trying to send.So if open abc.pdf and click the send button the attachment name will be abc.xml or abc.pdf

thanks

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Thank you WorkflowUser. The name of the file is "Pedido de Cotizacion" and not that funny string of letters and numbers. I don't even know where that comes from. The name of the attached file is still _112g163as36daf9s1k.pdf.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks!

Former Community Member
That file name of funny letters and numbers only appears when you are doing a preview. A temp file is created for the PDF and the doc name takes that value. When you save and run outside of preview it will behave as WorkflowUser says.