Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to Add barcodes at the end of a 3 page form to capture data

Former Community Member
I am working on a multiple pages form that contain a paper form barcode I decide to put all paper form barcodes in the last page. How do I get the data fields to be assigned to different barcodes at the end of the page.

How do I remove the red x on the barcode.

I calculate that my form will have approx 2000-3000 chacracters how many barcodes will I need to put

I am using Designer 7

George Ward
4 Replies

Former Community Member
With Designer 7.x you will have to wrap each of the data sets on each of the pages in a subform and then with each of your barcodes, select the subform that you would like to collect data from.

Your life would be made much easier if you upgraded to Designer 8.x as you could create "collections" and then associate those collections to each of your barcodes.

With 3,000 characters of data you would more than likely be looking at 3 separate barcodes. The capacity does depend on the type of data your capturing but you should be covered with 3.

Lee

Former Community Member
I created subforms and associated the barcode to the subform

But the barcode does not appear on the page when it is assigned Tab Limited Subform Data. It is only shown when it is assigned Tab- Limited Data.

George Ward

Former Community Member
Hi George, drag and drop all of the barcodes to your third page before you configure them.

However, given that you are using Designer 7.x I would highly recommend that you implement custom scripting.

ie: mybarcode.rawValue = field1.rawValue + "mydelimiter" + field2.rawValue;

And so on...in the Calculate or PrePrint events of the barcodes.

Former Community Member
Hi Sutton,

I Have a serious problem with one of my forms that i created. When I am entering data the form crashes.

I really need some help urgently.

Can I email you the form or call.

George Ward