Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

How do I set the font weight for part of the text in a text field

Former Community Member
LiveCycle Designer: 8.1

HI,

I am able to set the font weight for a particular TextField value in my form as follows.

xfa.resolveNode("Message.Message.OfferLetter.OfferLetterHeader.CustomerName").font.weight = "bold";

My question is, is it possible to set the font weight for part of a TextField value?

e.g. "Username: Some UserName", where "Username:" is set to bold weight and "Some UserName" is normal weight.

The text "Username: Some UserName" is currently bound to the TextField Value from a source XML file and I cannot easily separate the source XML (so that I could bind part of the XML to the TextField Caption and part to the TextFiel Value)

Regards

James
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I answered my own question regarding this with the following code

1. Set the TextField value to a variable strChar

2. Based on the indexOf value of strChar "UserName: Some UseName" which is 9.

3. Separate the first 9 chars using a Left javascript function and assign the to a variable strLeftChar = "UserName"

4. Separate the remainig chars using a Right javascript function and assign the to a variable strLRightChar = "Some UserName"

5. Then do the following:

//Make the caption visible

pricingNodes.item(i).caption.presence = "visible"

//Set the text field caption text equal to strLeft

pricingNodes.item(i).caption.value.text.value = strLeft;

//set the text field value text equal to strRight

pricingNodes.item(i).rawValue = " " + strRight;

//set the caption font weight equal to bold

pricingNodes.item(i).caption.font.weight = "bold";

Not that neat as a solution, but it does the job if this helps anyone.

Level 6
Another way would be to use a rich text field (i.e. a text field with the field format set to "Rich Text". I don't have the code handy, but I know that it's possible to programatically manipulate the rich text in such a field.

Jared