Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I "flow" text from one page to another

Former Community Member
I think I have a simple question that I cant seem to figure out. I am creating an electronic Letterhead for my office to use. What I need to be able to do is have a text box that starts on the first page, and "flows" the text to the the following pages as the user types the letter. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? A step by step answer would be very helpful.

Thanks, Aaron
3 Replies

Former Community Member
First you'll need to save the form as a dynamic form. Once you've done that, you'll need to click on the field you want to expand and check the Allow Multiple Lines checkbox in the Field tab under Object. Then go into the Layout tab and check Expand to fit under Height.

If this isn't exactly what you're looking for, a quick search using the forum search might help you find what you need.

Regards,

Dave

Former Community Member
Thanks for the response Dave, I have done that, and that works on the first page i.e. letting the text expand down, however it will not flow the the next page (2,3,4). I need it to continue the the next pages.

I read somethign on the forums last night about using a sub form and alowwing page breaks...however that option is always grayed out for me.

Aaron

Former Community Member
That's no problem. You'll need to make the parent subform content Flowed and create a child subform with the content set as Position. Be aware that if this is your first time using nested subforms, you'll probably have a much easier time starting fresh rather than altering your existing form.