Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I put a permanent dollar value in a numeric field?

Former Community Member
I'm setting up a simple order form in Adobe Livecycle Designer with UnitPrice, Qty and Total columns.

I need to have permanent dollar values show in the UnitPrice numeric field. When they enter a qty, it will be calculated by the unitprice and give a total. I have already figured out the other calculations, just can't work out how to put the dollar values in the unitprice field. They must be showing when the person opens the pdf file. Can someone pls help, I have looked thru all the posts and couldn't find an answer.

thanks in advance

KerryDun
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Have you tried a text field for the $ only and place that field beside the unitprice numeric field.

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
Are you trying to have it show $0.00 or something like that, instead of blank, when the form opens?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I need the numeric field to show the actual price eg $3.50 and it needs to stay there, it's not editable. To get around this I have put a text field column next to the unitprice column, to show this value, but the filler will have to type the unitprice in again, in the unitprice column so it will make the calculation of unitprice x qty = total(when the price is already sitting there.)There must be a better way to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

KerryDun

Former Community Member
Is there somewhere online you could make your form available so I could take a look? I'm sorry, I'm just not grasping what you trying to do.

Chris

Adobe Enteprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I may be way off on this one but can't you just set the unit price numeric field type to Read Only and then set 3.50 as the default value.