Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do I generate the .xsd file?

Former Community Member
Hi,

There are any way to generate the .xsd file?

.xsd files handcode?

thx,

Esref Atak

vukuf.com
7 Replies

Former Community Member
hi,

is .xsd file necessary for process management?

if it is then how i generate a .xsd file based PDF form?

thx,

esref atak

vukuf.com

Level 10
It's not necessary for Process Management.

You can't create a XSD from a PDF form.

You could export the data from the PDF (as xml) and use a XML utility tool to generate a schema from the xml data file, but we don't provide tools that will create the schema for you.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
What purpose of external .XSD file?

We can not view nodes on Path Builder window, when we delete the XSD file.

Level 10
That's correct.

That doesn't mean the xPath won't work. If you don't have a schema, you just need to know the structure since you won't see the nodes from the xPath Builder window. But the expression will still work.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
@esref:

You need an external tool to create a XSD file from your XML file.

After that, just load the XSD file in your process via the Schema Settings of your xfaForm variable.

That brings up the nodes in the Path Builder.

Michael

Former Community Member
Hi Michael,

Should I up to date the XSD? I mean, should I add field name to XSD file while I add a field to the PDF?

Former Community Member
You should keep your XSD file up to date so that your data bindings in the PDF are correct. You can also embed your XML Schema (your XSD file) into the PDF when you create the Dataconnection (in Form Designer).

Afterwards you don't need to manually load your schema settings (in the Workspace) because its embedded in the PDF.

Michael