Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Having text fields adjust and flow with regular text

Former Community Member
Hello

I don't know if this is for the right program. It's the form making in Adobe Acrobat Professional that brings you to Adobe Lifecycle Designer to create forms.

I am having trouble making the text fields (to be filled in a form after being saved and sent to a person) be able to be filled in and adjust, but not just have the text fit the box, but so that it can move along with the other text that is read-only in the file. I need it to be as if i was just typing in sections of a document.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I have the same question as Aimee - How to have scrolling text when going beyond the text box. (Creating a fillable form)

Thank you.

Former Community Member
Value Type : User Entered-Optional

Bank_itthipol@yahoo.com

Level 9
Hi

You have to do a few things:

1. Make sure you save the PDF as Dynamic, not Static.

2. Make the top level page (and any subforms you embed into it) flowed rather than positioned. You can find this property on teh Object/Subform property sheet.

3. For any large blocks of text, mark the Text Field as "Allow multiple Lines" (on the field tab), and Height/Expand to fit checked (on the Layout tab). Note that the field won't expand till the user tabs out of the field.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com