Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Grid lost in Design View

Former Community Member
I cannot see the grid even though the Grid and Snap to Grid options are selected on the View tab.

Does this sound like my app got corrupted? I mention this because I have similar little glitches within my other CS3 apps.
6 Replies

Level 7
Have you tried selecting "View => Grid" from the menu bar?<br /><br />You can also use the keyboard short cut of <Ctrl> + '.

Former Community Member
Absolutely...a million times.

What I've found is that I can turn on the grid only when I create a from from scratch.

When I use a PDF made from another program such as InDesign or Word, the grid does not appear. Same for a PDF made from a scanned form.

Former Community Member
I cannot select a table for my form. Access to tables is grayed out.

I am using livecycle designer, but I statred with a pdf from acrobat

pro 8.0 updated. I did this because I needed to start with logos

from the acrobat pdf. appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks.

Clarence Evans 11-21-08

Level 7
Clarence,

You might want to start a new post, since your question is not deaing with the grid issue and may have more to do with a "Data Connection" in LiveCycle Designer.

Level 2
Check to see if the background is filled.

Former Community Member
Well...now the grid appears on every PDF I open in LiveCycle. So I guess my app was temporarily corrupted. I will reinstall.

Thanks to all who responded. This topic is closed.