Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

getting pdf attachment from email into map variables

Former Community Member
I'm developing a livecycle process in wich I Use the Receive Service to getting an e-mail filtered by subject and by From value.

The e-mail contains a PDF attachment wich I assign in the service to a map variable.

The attachment is a PDF Form with signatures and is submitted by email with a submit button (inside submit panel of the object palette for the button I set PDF in the field "submit as" ).

The e-mail was retrieved but the LC process doesn't continue because of some error that I found in the log.

This is the first error I found:

UserServiceImpl:createTaskFromDialogProperties() An exception occured trying to create a task, and the exception is unrelated to assigning to an invalid user. Exception message is: Cannot coerce object: <document state="active" senderVersion="3" persistent="false" senderPersistent="true" passivated="false" senderPassivated="true" deserialized="true" senderHostId="127.0.0.1/100.153.1.197" callbackId="0" senderCallbackId="0" callbackRef="null" isLocalizable="true" isTransactionBound="false" defaultDisposalTimeout="600" disposalTimeout="600" maxInlineSize="65536" defaultMaxInlineSize="65536" inlineSize="0" contentType="application/octet-stream; name="~4988639.pdf"" length="567607"><cacheId/><localBackendId/><globalBackendId/><senderLocalBackendId/><senderGlobalBackendId><DocumentFileID fileName="C:\globaldocumentroot\docm1204794582734\97f718fece0fddaf993627b603eb0501"/><senderGlobalBackendId/><inline/><senderPullServantJndiName>adobe/idp/DocumentPullServant/adobejb_server1</senderPullServantJndiName><attributes/></document> of type: com.adobe.idp.Document to type: class com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.client.AcrobatVersion

Can someone help me to understand what's happening and how to resolve, please ?

Thanks in advance!
2 Replies

Former Community Member
This may be a silly question but you are defining a sub type of document for your map ....right?

Former Community Member
You are right, I found the error. It war just what you are thinking, I didn't fill the subtype field with document subtype, so there was AcrobatVersion (the first available in the list).

Thank you very much Paul

best regards

Gabriele