Expand my Community achievements bar.

Generating XML within Designer

Former Community Member
Hi all.

I'm usign Adobe Designer 7.x and i'm designing aform for use with LiveCycle Forms, ReaderExt and Workflow.

I need to submit some XML data from a PDF that has an embedded schema.

The problem is that this form have to pass two parameters to my webservice, among which one is a string that contains the XML data from the form.

So, my question is: is it possible to generate an XML string containing the XML data and to copy this XML in a textfield in the form, so that I can bind this to one of the two parameters of the webservice?

I tried with SaveXML() but it doesn't seem to generate a plain XML and also it seems to be limited to only one subform a time.

Thanks,

Aldo
1 Reply

Former Community Member
ABello@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Hi all.

> I'm usign Adobe Designer 7.x and i'm designing aform for use with LiveCycle Forms, ReaderExt and Workflow.

>

> I need to submit some XML data from a PDF that has an embedded schema.

> The problem is that this form have to pass two parameters to my webservice, among which one is a string that contains the XML data from the form.

>

> So, my question is: is it possible to generate an XML string containing the XML data and to copy this XML in a textfield in the form, so that I can bind this to one of the two parameters of the webservice?

>

> I tried with SaveXML() but it doesn't seem to generate a plain XML and also it seems to be limited to only one subform a time.

>

> Thanks,

> Aldo

Aldo,

Try this...

var xmldata = xfa.data.ROOT_NODE.saveXML();

xfa.host.messageBox(xmldata);

Note: Substitute 'ROOT_NODE' with the name of the root node of your xml schema.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com