Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Forms -- How can others save the data?

Former Community Member
I was going to make a form with my Acrobat Pro, but it appears that when I distribute it my users will be unable to save the data. So, I guess this means Acrobat will be of no use to me unless anyone using the form has at least the Elements version since otherwise they would not be able to save and then modify the form over the period of a day.

Thanks ... :/
7 Replies

Former Community Member
dound,

"Local Save" is a feature that's not available
by default in Reader however it is possible to enable Reader to save data locally on a per-form basis using
LiveCycle Reader Extensions. Also, anyone using Acrobat Pro will be able to save locally because "local save" implies that you have the ability to import data into Acrobat/Reader and Acrobat Pro can do that out-of-the-box.

For more information, check-out
Importing Data in Acrobat.

Stefan

Adobe Systems

For more on Designer, check-out my
FormBuilder Blog.

Have you registered for
Adobe MAX 2006?

Former Community Member
Stone_Golem,

Are you asking about alternatives to having to use LC Reader Extensions or Acrobat Pro to import data or alternatives to importing data altogether?

Stefan

Adobe Systems

For more on Designer, check-out my
FormBuilder Blog.

Have you registered for
Adobe MAX 2006?

Former Community Member
I'm asking what alternatives are there for extending an Adobe Designer 7 pdf while still using Reader as the filler. My end-users need the ability to save their data.

Since Adobe suspended FormRouter's service of extending forms, there are no other alternative methods for saving data.... that is without buying Reader Extensions. The estimate we have from the Adobe sales team is that the costs are $10 K per form using ARES. Many of my clients find the price amusing and think it's a joke. When I tell them that it's not, they quickly look for alternative solution to fill-able PDFs.

So I need a more economical way of extending forms so that user's can save data.

Former Community Member
Where did you read that Adobe suspended FormRouter's service?

The most economical solution would be to buy Acrobat Standard for all users.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
The reason that our users use PDF forms in the first place is that the filler is common, readily available and free. Many of our users already use fillable PDF forms in Reader (fill & submit).... so when we rollout, we introduce a new form, not a new application.

Having said that, our clients are demanding longer and more complicated forms. A long form without a feature to save data to the desktop presents a risk. So far, the solution is to not create long forms. It is a fine solution for now... down the line it may not be.

Since you are suggesting buying Acrobat Standard for all users then it is not economical. We have tens of thousands of users who may use the forms periodically. A mass purchase of Acrobat has already been discussed and dismissed.

Any other suggestions?

Former Community Member
Not really, all I can suggest is wait to see if the new functionalities in Acro 8 will suit your needs.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support