Expand my Community achievements bar.

Forms - autofit end user submissions.

Former Community Member
My form fields expand to fit by showing the scroll bar, but when I tab to the next field the field text from the previous overwrites the 2nd form field, and will not show all the submitting text when I try to print. I will redo the whole form if someone can tell me how to create a form that will enable the end user to write use as much space as they need and still let me view all the text when the form is printed. This is an application that requires narrative answers not uploaded data from databases.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
The issue is that you are not allowing the fields and the subforms to flow. There is an excellent example that ships with the product. Look in your install directory/EN/Samples/Forms/Purchase Order/Dynamic Interactive/Forms

The comments field behaves the way you want ....but pay attention to how the rest of the form is built.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul, I've opened the sample you suggested I notice that the difference seems to be in the pagination tab of the object palette for the table. When I create my table the pagination tab does not allow for any changes. I've tried creating both a fixed table and one that expands based on enduser data to no avail. Is there some option I need to select in the subform object palette prior to building my table?

Former Community Member
Also you will have to save the form as dynamic ...are you doing that?

Former Community Member
I have succeeded in getting the answers to flow however rather than breaking normally, the header row is separating from the text field where enduser data will be submitted and the text field will show up several pages later. I've set it up as a table with sections so I have three header rows with a text field below each for the enduser's answers. In addition when I test the form, it seems to be generating several blank pages amongst the field data. Should I be creating three separate tables & subforms.

Former Community Member
Typically blank pages appear because you have defined content that goes beyond the boundries of a page, hence and additional page is required to hold that content (i.e if a field is 9 in wide but the content area is only 8.5 inches wide a blank page will be generated to hold the overflow size).