Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Formatting Time Pattern to NOT be military

Former Community Member
(In LiveCycle Designer 8.05):

I'm trying to get my time fields from requiring the user to input military times just to get the AM/PM thing right. If I enter 0930, I get 09:30:00AM. That makes sense and I could live with the "09" thing. But the afternoon times require something like "1330" to get 01:30:00PM. I've experimented with different patterns and read the help files for acceptable patterns, but nothing seems to work. I read that a FormCalc may be necessary, but that would be new territory for me. Surely there's got to be a way to set the Display Pattern (I'm not worrying about validation pattern) to reflect a non-military pattern (either on display or entry).

Any advice would be terrific...thanks!

RedBarron
3 Replies

Level 7
Try "HH:MM:SS Z", "h:MM:SS A", or "h:MM A".

Former Community Member
Thanks Geo!

I've tried a couple of those out and they shorten the ultimate time (0930 turns into 9:30 instead of 09:30:00), but I'm still having to enter military to get the afternoon times. Any ideas?

RedBarron

Level 7
You aske for the solution for the display, there are setup options for input, edit, validation, etc.