Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Flowing text onto a second page

Former Community Member
I have a form where I am pasting text in a subform (occupies an entire page) a lot of text. Everything works fine when the pasted text is more then one page and I get scrolling bar at the right and a black and white + at the bottom right. The problem is I want the text to be flowed on to the next page. This is needed because the form may need to be printed and faxed sometimes.

I have tried several tricks but so far I have not stumbled upon a good solution!

Any help would be appreciated!
40 Replies

Former Community Member

On the Master Page you have a content Area where content is layed down. If you put your master page objects insode of this content area then it will overrwrite your Master page content. Simply resize the content area so that your content on the Master Page is not in this area.

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul ,

I am using adobe designer 8.1 .Trying to make the text flow on to next page. currently when it flows in to next page it repeats the text with plus sign. Could not figure out the issue.  The issue is with the

text field ----data.#subform[0].Body.T_ELEMENTS.DATA.T_COL_CELL.DATA.T_FIELD.DATA.textEdit.value_string

From "body" to "textedit" i have made subform flowed, allow page break. still same issue.

Thanks,

Chandra.

Former Community Member

Can you send the file and a description of the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I wil have a look.

Paul

Level 1

Hi paul,

Thank you for your quick reply. This pdf is generated from SAP by abap code and it was setting the form type to "STATIC". I changed to "Dynamic" and it is working.

Thank you,

Chandra.

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am new to adobe livecycle designer ES, and I am having problem on form page. My form is a two page one and I want the flow to past the page one unto as many pages when you click the add button i have created in table.

At the moment, the form is restricting flow when a user enters text that could span multi-pages. This is a two page design form and my user sometimes fills details and it grows up to 6pages. This is not happening with my design. It cannot go beyond page 1.

Can somebody point me to the right direction?

Also, the text box that i wrapped in subform are overflowing onto the next. I used the expand to fit  and checked allow page break to into content. I have search all places and done some tutorial but this still can't be fixed.

Please, help as this is urgent for me.

Many Thanks!

Level 1

I am realloy not ver familiar with LifeCycle at all. There is script

to flow form one text box to another in adobe acrobat:

// Move to next field when this one is full

if (event.fieldFull) {

getField("NameOfNextFieldGoesHere").setFocus();

}

The script goes in the Custom Keystroke script under "custom" in the

"Format" tab of the properties box for the text box that you want the

text to flow from. Do not check "scroll long text" as it won't fill

up the box. Multi line is ok to check.

Hope this helps. Not sure if it will sork in Livecycle though.

Dan M

Level 2

I'm having an issue with having forms flow to a 2nd page.  I have a  subform that allows you to add more instances of the same subform.  However when you add to many they just contiune adding on page one but  off the printable area (instead of moving to the next page).  I have  tried several of everyones suggestions but none have worked correctly  (some have been close but added a random blank page at the begining of  the document).  Can anyone help???

Well I was going to upload my PDF but I do not see anywhere to do that.  I will Past the XML Code Below.

Message was edited by: pguerett removed the source template - it was too big!

Level 10

You can upload your form to a file sharing site, like Acrobat.com and then share the published URL here.

N.

Former Community Member

I made a few changes to the structure of your form. The page1 subform needs to be flowed if you want the content to move across pages. The Suspect sibform was srapped in a flowed subform so I unwrapped it so that we had a flowed (page1) then a positioned (suspect) that was repeated. Lastly the BtnGroup was too wide for the subform so I made the subform smaller.

I included the modified sample here. I also will edit your post and remove the template (its too big for a post).

If you do not want tour template posted let me know and I will remove it.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

Thank you very much for your help, that is exactly what I needed.  You can leave the template posted, it might help someone else out. Now hopefully I can used what you showed me to create the rest of my template ;-).

Thanks again!

Chris

Level 1

Hello:

I'm using Adobe Pro 10 and trying to get my text to flow onto a second page.

I getting a plus sign in the far right corner.

My field names are Change_Descriptions and Change_Descriptions2. I put the following code in Change_Descriptions. I also tried putting double quotes around Change_Descriptions2.

if(event.fieldFull) {

getfield(Change_Descriptions2).SetFocus();

}

Level 1

Hello Chandu,

i was searching for the same issue and found this thread. My PDF is also generated from SAP abap code and am also not gettig the flowed text to the next page. U mentioned to change the form type to Dynamic from STATIC. Are u talking about the SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC this field to mark to 'X'. or is there anything else. If it is the field then i tried with dynamic = X and i still dint get the text on the next page. Can anyone help me?

and also added all the settings mentioned in the above posts and i am using the version 8.2

Thanks,

Pavan.

Former Community Member

HI i am also having problems with this.  When i flow text onto the next page, the text is repeated from the beginning instead of only the text that has overflowed.  I am using dynamic forms.  When I change it to static it is working fine, but I need URL links which are not supported by static forms.   Please help.  Thanks!

Former Community Member

Can you email your form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance. Please include a description of your issue when with your email.

Paul

Level 1

Hi,

Did this ever get solved? I am having a problem with an imported checklist from a pdf into LiveCycle. Then below I want to add a "comments" text field that flows to second page if required. Nothing listed in this forum has worked. I would love to NOT have to build the form from scratch because I hate the workability of livecycle for the form I need.

Thanks.

Brian

Level 1

Brian

This never did get resolved.

Sent From Dan's iPhone

Level 1

Is it possible to have multi line text fields that can expand to a second page while that field is inside of a table? i have a table on my form and need one of the boxes in each row to be expandable.

thanks.

Chris

Level 1

Is it possible to create an expanding form field in Adobe Acrobat X Standard? I am updating an existing from but will create a new form if necessary.