Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Field rawValues resetting when user tabs out

Former Community Member
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Designer, and am having an issue with a bunch of fields on my form. I know it's something simple that I've done (or am not doing), but I can't seem to figure it out.

I have a form with a bunch of fields that depending on which radio buttons are selected become mandatory or stay read only. I've set my calculate scripts for the fields in question, and turning on and off the mandatory property works as desired. I've also set the access property to open, where the default property is readOnly so that the user can enter a value into the field. I now have two problems, but I know they are related. If I leave the calculate script as is (I've dumbed this code down to not include my paths, but because the mandatory property is working fine I know it isn't an issue with the paths):

if(radiobutton=="buttonValue1"){

this.mandatory="error";

this.access="open";

}

My field then populates with "open" on my form. If I then add this.rawValue=""; to the end of my if then the "open" goes away, but then my rawValue is always null, and the user entered value I want to keep goes away when the user leaves the field. I want the field to capture what the user enters, and to have no default value to begin with. My Object palette has the default value set to nothing (its empty), and the field is initially set as read only. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
figured out my problem. I changed my JavaScript to fire on the click event of the radio buttons to change the field properties, and everything works as desired. Though I am still curious as to why the rawValue of my field would display "open" with the above code in the calculate event for a given field.