Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fetch all rows from an ODBC data source and display in a table in an Interactive form

Former Community Member
I created an Interactive form Using Adobe Designer 6.0 to retrieve all records from an ODBC data source(SQL Server) and display the records in a table and also to provide navigation/edit/update of records.

I use two data connections, one for navigation of the database records and another one to load the records

The form works fine when used with Adobe Acrobat Professional.

I tried to use this form in SAPs Web Dynpro Java Application, which uses the Adobe Document Services to generate the PDF form and enables Reader Rights so that the form can be used via Adobe reader as well.

I render the form in the web application, after downloading the form , i open it in Adobe Reader 7.0 and on the client PC i have the DSN created for the ODBC connection.

The connection works fine and i am able to navigate and edit the records, but the table showing all the records is not being displayed.

I used the xfa.host.MessageBox to know if the method was working fine and found that the records are being fetched and the instance manager creates the instances with the data and i am able to output all the records in the loop while instantiating the sub forms but the same are not being rendered in the PDF.

Can anybody guide or provide some help on this.

Regards,

Siddhartha Jain

Regards,

Siddhartha
0 Replies