Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Facing Time out after 270 sec through webservice.

Former Community Member
Hello all,

I am invoking PDF generator for Postscript through webservice along with a cofiguration xml which has timeout set to 10000. But the service doesnot recognise this value & always gets timed out at 270 sec which is its default value.

I tried converting a PS file to PDF using the GUI by setting the timeout parameter to a higher value than 270 but it still got time out at the default value.

Please help me solve this prob...

Thanks in advance.

-Vineesh.
1 Reply

Level 4
Which version of Java?

Which web app server/db and version?

Does it work for small (<10Meg files)?

I've never needed a timeout over 4 minutes even for 500Meg+ PS files, although I'm interacting through the EJB interface, not the webservice.

I believe there may be some way to increase the timeout further, although I think it involves editing configuration files within the ear/war/jar structure of the deployed libraries; the 270 second value does appear in native2pdfconfig.xml in the pdfg-all.ear on the professional version of PDFG, although I don't have time to test whether this value actually has an effect on the maximum timeout. It may appear elsewhere too. And I'm not sure if it will be in the same location in the postscript only version.