Expand my Community achievements bar.

Execute renderForm process for multiple docs

Former Community Member
Hi

I am calling LiveCycle process from Java application with XML doc as a input. In Livecycle process I am setting varialbes called state with xml element called 'currentstate'.

Now my problem is based on the state I have to select different pdf forms( template which I have created in repository) and merge xml data into thoes forms and then finally merge all pdf forms into single pdf and send this pdf to my java code.

Please suggest me how to do it wiht LiveCycle ES process ? Can it be possilbe to do like this way ? or what else can be done ?
9 Replies

Level 9
1. You can use routes with conditions in order to select which PDF documents you want to render.

2. You can use Output or Forms components to actually render the forms with XML data.

3. You can use Assembler to assemble the multiple documents into a single PDF.

howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi howard,

I designed the process as you said just consider example below.

I have 9 diff pdf form template created in repository.

First I am taking xml as input and getting state value. Next I am creating ddx string by executeScript based on the state.

Based on the state, I have to consider particular 6 forms from which some of forms (3 forms) are common for all state,

so in between route I have given condition to check the state and I am using generateOutput process to create pdf with xml data.

and at the end all generated pdf are merged with assembleService - invokeDDX process used.

It gives me output with 6 page pdf, but it take too much time, may I know the reason.

My LiveCycle Workbench and JBoss Server both are on my local. It taking too much time like says 2 or more min to generate pdf. Any user of the application cannot wait this much for getting pdf output.

Please let me know how performance can be done with it.

Level 10
How many pages is your final document?

What kind of machine you are using (OS,CPU,memory)?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
There is total 6 page in final pdf document.

I am using Dell Latitude D600 with 1.5 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Intel Pentium processor 1.8 GHZ.

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,<br /><br />Thanks for consider my problem. But now it seems it get solved, I edited all pdf form properties to cache on server on. And now its not taking that much time. I am getting my pdf generated quicker.<br /><br />But one more question, I am not able to edit content of the merged pdf when i get the result. How can i get the merged pdf, which I can edit. For form render I am using 'generateOutput' process of Output where I am giving Form(to be rendered), Content Root, Input data, PDF output. <br />My ddx string is like below.<br />String ddx = "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>"; <br />ddx += "<DDX xmlns='http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/'>";<br />ddx += "<PDF result='pdfDocument'>";<br />if(hiddenState.equalsIgnoreCase("CA")){<br /> ddx = ddx + "<PDF source='coveringLetter'><NoXFA/></PDF>";<br /> ddx = ddx + "<PDF source='payoffInst'><NoXFA/></PDF>";<br /> ddx = ddx + "<PDF source='pkgChkList'><NoXFA/></PDF>";<br /> ddx = ddx + "<PDF source='odometer'><NoXFA/></PDF>";<br /> ddx = ddx + "<PDF source='titlingInst'><NoXFA/></PDF>";<br /> ddx = ddx + "<PDF source='payoffMailing'><NoXFA/></PDF>";<br />}<br />else {<br /> // some code<br />}<br />And finally using AssemblerService invokeDDX and merging all pdfs. But output pdf which I am getting is not editable. What to do with that ?

Level 10
generateOutput will always create a flat (non-editable) pdf.

If you want an editable PDF you need to use renderPDFForm from the Forms service.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hii Jasmin, I have created the process as u suggested, My DDX String is as mentioned above in my previous query and I changed the process to renderPDFForm instead generateOutput still my generated pdf is non-editable. Pleaes tell me what to do for this ?

And also In my previous query it has been told that I can give condition to the route, but if I have 40 diff state value, and based on that I have to select particular no of pdf forms to be bundled together and generate 1 pdf then how I can do that in LiveCycle ?

Former Community Member
I think the behavior is correct. You cannot assemble forms using assembler without loosing the capability to edit the form in the final document. The only reason you are able to assemble the forms in the first place is due to the NoXFA tag in your DDX

let me know if this makes sende

girish

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 10
The base document can be interactive, but no the other documents.

Jasmin