Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error in installing Workbench 8.2. Trial..

Former Community Member
Trying to install the Lifecycle ES trial....Followed the recommendation to install Acrobat 9 Pro extended first... this worked...

Installing the Workbench produces the following error. This is after putting in the serial number...and the installer having produced an installshield dialog box with command line options, and having pressed next on the release notes agreement..

(Aug 7, 2008 10:18:52 AM), Install, com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file J:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\log.txt for details.

(Aug 7, 2008 10:18:52 AM), Install, com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1203; message="Designer installation failure.")])

STACK_TRACE: 12

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1203; message="Designer installation failure.")])

at com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:2969)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:8048)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:7199)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5240)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What does this mean ? and what if anything can I do about it...
4 Replies

Level 10
What is in the file J:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\log.txt for details?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Sorry... should have explained... all the lines in that file are posted in the original message...

Level 1

I am facing the same problem. I have ensured that I have followed all the steps given in the installation mannual. This clearly indicates there is some thing wrong with the workbench installble (trail version). I do not know is it by design (intentionally done by Adobe it self). If it is so, its shame on Adobe.

Level 8

The trial version is the same as the production version - so the instability is not intentional.  Can you hit the server from another client running Workbench?