Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Email Submit Opens Internet Connection Wizard

Former Community Member
Hello to all,

I have forms developed in LiveCycle Designer 7.0. Functional tests from several different computers are fine (including some off-site). I have one computer that opens the internet connection wizard.

When the submit button is clicked I get the select email client dialog box. The Desktop Application is selected.

When the OK button is clicked, the Internet Connection Wizard opens!!

The machine in question is running windows 2000 and office 2000. We found this problem initially while running adobe reader 7.0.5. Based on comments I have read, we un-installed 7.0.5 and re-installed 7.0.

We still get the same response. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Pete
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You probably need to configure Windows so that Outlook or Outlook Express (or whatever email client) has a default email account and is the default email client on the system.

Likely if you went through with the wizard and set everything up once it would work in subsequent attempts.

H.

Former Community Member
The email system works fine. We are set up with exchange on a server and outlook on the client machines. The email to and from the client in question works fine.

Is the internet required for the use of the email submit option? I don't see the connection.

Former Community Member
We noticed that the forms worked fine using adobe reader 7.0 from machines that had windows xp operating systems on them. We fixed the problem by deploying a new machine.

Former Community Member
Hi Pete,

I am getting a similar problem. I am using EmailSubmitButton on my form and when I submit the form, it pops up the Select Email client window that has options to choose Desktop Email app, Internet email and other. I want to achieve the following:

The user fills in email address on the form. I want to use this email address in the EmailSubmitButton. How do I set this via script?

Also, when the user submits the form I don't want the email client window to pop up. It should email the form "silently" using the underlying smtp server. Is there a way to specify the smtp server via script?