Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Receiver QPAC - stops receiving emails after a while

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have a workflow with the first step being an Email Receiver QPAC. Next I extract out some information to set to variables and then use the Chain QPAC to go to my next workflow and loop back to the Email Receiver (thanks Howard!). It works great immediately after invoking the workflow and I even left it running for one hour and tested it again and it works and received my email properly. So, I left everything running overnight, but now none of my emails are being received. I looked in the process manager and everything in running just fine, so the nothing stalled.

I've been waiting for over 15 minutes now for my Email Receiver to go off and nothing.

Does anyone have insight into what is going on?

Thank you,

Jennifer
3 Replies

Level 9
Hi Jennifer

Try turning debugging on.

In JBoss, you do this by modifying the log4j.xml in \Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\conf

Change the threshold from INFO to DEBUG for the file appender, as shown below:

This will cause the EmailReceiver (as well as a whole lot of other classes) to send debug output to the log file:

\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\log\server.log

You should see some lines in the log file each time the EmailReceiver fires. These should tell you what it's searching for, and might give some insight into what's going wrong.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thank you Howard. I will give this a try and see what I find.

-Jennifer

Former Community Member
Everything just seems to stop. So far I am not seeing anything in particular. ugh. I submitted everything to support, so maybe they will have a better eye in looking through the server.log file to find any issues.

I'll try to report back any new information.

Thanks,

Jennifer