Expand my Community achievements bar.

E-Mail Receiver QPAC: javax.mail.FolderClosedException

Former Community Member
Hi,

Recently the EmailReceiver QPAC refuses to get E-Mails. I configured it using IMAP. But lately, it sporadically refuses to get new messages and throws a
javax.mail.FolderClosedException as posted below.

ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] stalling action-instance: 3873 with message: javax.mail.FolderClosedException: * BYE Connection down

at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.setFlags(IMAPMessage.java:751)

at javax.mail.Message.setFlag(Message.java:541)

at com.adobe.workflow.qpac.emailreceiver.MessageWrapper.setDeletedFlag(MessageWrapper.java:313)

at com.adobe.workflow.qpac.emailreceiver.EmailReceiverService.processEmail(EmailReceiverService.java:301)

at com.adobe.workflow.qpac.emailreceiver.EmailReceiverService.runTask(EmailReceiverService.java:103)

at com.adobe.workflow.tools.qde.pat.service.PATAbstractPollingServiceEx.execute(PATAbstractPollingServiceEx.java:87)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

The JavaDoc is pretty weird:

This exception is thrown when a method is invoked on a Messaging object and the Folder that owns that object has died due to some reason.

What does it mean
a folder has died? Is there a bug with the EmailReceiver, which
kills folders, after getting messages? :-)

Steve
2 Replies

Level 9
Pretty weird.

It looks like the connection to the mailbox might have closed while you were busy processing the message.

Are you:

- downloading very large message

- do you have a large number of messages in that folder

- are you connecting through a proxy server or something that might be terminating the connection

- are you using an unreliable network connection?

Any of the above might cause this problem.

Good luck...

howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Well, the message queue is 5 messages long, each about 2.5 MBytes.

I'm furher investigating the issue...

Steve